Workstation SQL Server 2008 R2 installation in pictures.
Click here for Microsoft’s SQL Server 2008 R2 Homepage. You can also download an evaluation version of this server software from this link.
- Drive C: was used for the program installation destination.
- Drive D: was used for all data files storage.
- Install below is best for a personal workstation
- For server install, it is best to have separate NT domain accounts for each SQL service account.
- SQL Server 2008 R2 express version is now out. Click here.
Run SCC – system configuration checker first, to check if your computer meets all the requirements for a successful installation.
Then click on installation, and the first option on the top right for a single instance install.
Get the AdventureWorks sample database from here.
Remember to create the path below [C:Program FilesMicrosoft SQL Server100ToolsSamples ] or the install may not work.